Are you a WordPress User, Designer, or Developer with something to share? Then submit a proposal to speak at WordCamp Raleigh! We’re looking both nationwide and locally in North Carolina for speakers who know their stuff when it comes to WordPress.
- Sessions will be allotted 50 minutes. You can use that time however you like (30 minutes for presentation and 20 minutes for questions, 25 for talking and 25 for hands on, etc.).
- Speakers will be compensated with one free ticket to WordCamp Raleigh. We are not able to cover travel costs, but you can take advantage of the discounted room rate at the Sheraton Raleigh.
- Sessions will be video recorded for WordPress.tv. Your application to speak indicates your agreement for WordPress.tv and WordCamp Raleigh to publish video recording, photography and any other media provided by you or produced as part of WordCamp Raleigh.
- All proposed topics must be directly related to WordPress and applicable to at least one of the three tracks:
- Users: This track is for beginners who want to learn how to use WordPress to build a website or publish a blog. Participants in this track want to know how to use the core WordPress features to create pages and posts, respond to comments and maybe even modify a theme here and there. They want to learn how to streamline processes and make maintaining their website or blog easier.
- Power Users: This track is for users who don’t just use WordPress, they OWN it! They are interested in customizing themes, adding CSS and making their web site dance. They want to learn about the latest plugins, designs and techniques for updating and upgrading their site.
- Developers: This track is for developers who are building their own themes or plugins and customizing WordPress from the core out. They want to share the latest techniques for developing new ideas and getting them into the hands of WordPress users.
Ready to commit? Submit your 2012 WordCamp Raleigh Speaker Proposal form now!